Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Vietnamese Food Redux

Was getting a hair cut from L-N Hair Salon, they're on Jeanetta right off Richmond. Run by a lovely Vietnamese woman, we were talking about the only Chinese words I knew - nihao and xie xie ni. I said I only knew one word in Vietnamese and that was "chao". Then I was like wait a minute, I know a lot of Vietnamese words.  For example:

ca fe sua da
bun ga nuong (this one I pronounce spot on)
banh mi (much harder to pronounce)

 She asked if I had pho for lunch, no we tried East Wall. Really good seafood, we liked it a lot but a little more Americanized than I want. I prefer places like Fu Fu, more Chinese.

 She threw out all sorts of restaurant recommendations. Bodard on Bellaire@Ranchester. Wild Cajun, that's on Wilcrest a bit north of Bellaire. Le Viet, on Westheimer, a bit past Wilcrest. This is the place she says she eats at.

 Cool, new places to try. We've been eying Wild Cajun for a while, haven't gotten around to it. New motivation. Will let you know.



No comments:

Post a Comment