Thursday, December 15, 2011

Big things, Little things, Red things

 I was driving to Central Market to do my semi-monthly grocery shopping when an idiot in a pickup pulling a trailer disturbed me so much I chased him down (he was doing 75MPH!) to get the phone number off the side of his truck so I could call that company and complain.(he cut right in front of me, then in front of a semi so close the semi hit the brakes and I was on the side of the semi ATT).. By the time I caught up to him, I had way overshot my exit, took the 527 spur, ending up in Midtown. So we're here, why not find someplace to eat. We weren't dressed for Brennan's so we went to Little Bigs.

The cool thing about Little Bigs is not only can one get sliders,  one can get a glass of wine to drink with one's sliders. Sliders + glass of wine = FTW.

 
Little Bigs is on Montrose, a block north of Westheimer.


 Better to grocery shop on a full stomach, methinks. We get to CM, walk in and are greeted by this sight:















Did I happen to mention my cherry fetish? Even though cherries are horribly out of season (the produce guy kept assuring me that they were in season in Chile!) I was curious. Dubiously curious. Got a quarter of a pound. They're okay, not great. CM is one of those places that'll frown at you if they see you taking photos, so snap them quick!

Overall, a day full of amusingly unexpected things.

No comments:

Post a Comment